Housing Justice Center - resources
Rental Housing In The Twin Cities
Information and Referrals.
Looking for affordable housing in the Twin Cities Metro Area? Please check-out HousingLink's Website - a valuable resource for affordable rental housing information. Please note, HousingLink is not able to assist with individual housing situations.
Visit HousingLink
Tenants may speak with a tenant advocate who will provide free advice regarding Minnesota landlord/tenant law. The advocate will provide practical advice on the law and offer options for resolving the problem. The HOME Line Tenant Hotline is free and available to all tenants, regardless of income. Dial (612) 728-5767 in the Metro or (866) 866-3546 for Greater Minnesota.
Visit HOME Line
United Way's 2-1-1 HelpLine
Don't know who to call? Call UnitedWay's HelpLine. It's free, confidential and available 24/7. Trained information specialists and volunteers can connect you to over 40,000 community resources including: Childcare, Counseling, Food, Health, Housing, Legal help, Mental health, Transportation, Youth services, and Senior services. Information about United Way's 2-1-1 Information and Referral Service and a link to the Twin Cities Beehive. From 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, United Way 2-1-1 may also have staff available to speak Hmong, Russian, Somali, and Spanish. Dial 2-1-1 or 651-291-0211 or visit the United Way 2-1-1 website
United Way's 2-1-1 HelpLine
Emergency Shelter and Services in Metro Area
There are emergency services you can get during tough times. Services include emergency shelter if your safety or the safety of your children are in danger or you are homeless. You can also get emergency help for things that your income doesn’t cover such as food, clothes, household and personal items. Or you may need help to pay for your rent or utility bills. During these tough times, there are many organizations in the Twin Cities that offer these emergency services.
Emergency Shelter and Services In Metro Area